Volunteering for CCT helps you grow personally, develop leadership skills, expand your social network and increase your overall life-satisfaction. Your expertise can give skills to individuals who are changing professional careers or taking on a new vocation and ultimately lead to a higher quality of life for people in the Houston area.
Donate your time and your particular subset of skills to an organization that will invest your commitment efficiently.
Hear what one of our volunteers has to say! BEI-Refugee Department (Affiliate of CCT).
“I had the pleasure to be a volunteer teacher at BEI for nine months, teaching English as Second Language in a government sponsored non-profit program that serves adult refugees who come to US for resettlement. Although I had no previous experience in teaching, the BEI team, especially the open class coordinator, was very supportive and provided the training I needed in order to succeed as a teacher. I would like to highlight two out of the many rewarding experiences I had: First was the opportunity to provide assistance to those in need. I can never imagine what those refugees have been through to get here and pursuit a better life. Being able to help them was a very rewarding experience. Second, I believe that I improved my communication skills to a whole new level.”
Time commitment varies on the type of volunteering activity.
We would appreciate assistance in the following domains:
- Training – Enhance others’ soft skills such as effective communication, problem-solving and accepting feedback
- Mentorship – Meet once a month for three or six-months to answer inquiries from participants looking for employment in your field or give advice regardless of the field
- Teaching – Make a direct impact in small, intimate classes with a focus in not only find employment but also maintaining employment
- Marketing – Loan yours skills in advertising, branding, research to inform Houstonians of CCT
- IT – Assist with system/network administration, server side projects and sharpen your skills at trouble-shooting
- iOS & Android Application Development – Assist in the design and implementation of apps
- Web Content Development – research, write and edit information for the CCT website
- Administrative/ Clerical Support – Help updating databases, making phone calls and organizing participants files, etc.
- Language Support Services – Serve as an interpreter and/or translator.